Classification and common problems of CNC milling cutters
There are many artifacts in cnc milling service or 4 axis cnc milling service Milling cutters can be used. We talked about ball-end milling cutters in the previous blog. Today we spend more energy on CNC milling cutters.
What is CNC milling cutter
A CNC milling cutter is a rotary cutter with one or more teeth used for milling. When working, each cutter tooth intermittently cuts off the margin of the workpiece. Main milling cutters, steps, grooves, forming surfaces and cutting workpieces, etc. In a broad sense, cutting tools include both cutting tools and abrasive tools; at the same time, "CNC cutting tools" include not only cutting blades, but also accessories such as tool holders and tool holders.
Milling cutters have developed rapidly. People in the industry call them rotary tools, but solid carbide milling cutters. In fact, more milling cutters are used in hole processing and cavity processing. Most of these milling cutters are equipped with blades.
CNC milling cutters can be used well on these, bathroom towel rack and shelf,
Classification of CNC milling cutters
Different according to the structure of the milling cutter
1. Face milling cutter (also called end milling cutter): There are cutting edges on the circumferential surface and end surface of the face milling cutter, and the end cutting edge is the secondary cutting edge. Face milling cutters are mostly made of sleeve insert structure and blade machine clamp indexable structure. The material of the cutter teeth is high-speed steel or hard alloy, and the cutter body is 40Cr. Drilling tools, including drills, reamers, taps, etc.;
2. Mould milling cutter: Mould milling cutter is developed from end mills, which can be divided into three types: conical end mill, cylindrical ball end mill and conical ball end mill. The shank has a straight shank. , Flat straight shank and Morse taper shank. Its structural feature is that the ball head or end surface is covered with cutting edges, and the circumferential edge is connected with the ball head edge in an arc, and it can be used for radial and axial feed. The working part of the milling cutter is made of high-speed steel or cemented carbide;
3. Keyway milling cutter: Used for milling keyway.
4. Forming milling cutter: The cutting edge has the same shape as the surface to be machined.
Different according to the structure of the milling cutter
1. Integral type: the tool and the handle are made into one body;
2. Inlaid type: can be divided into welding type and machine clamp type;
3. Vibration reduction type When the working arm length and diameter of the tool are relatively large, in order to reduce the vibration of the tool and improve the machining accuracy, this type of tool is often used;
4. Internal cooling type: the cutting fluid is sprayed to the cutting edge of the tool from the nozzle through the inside of the tool body;
5. Special types: such as compound cutters, reversible tapping cutters, etc.
According to the material used to manufacture the milling cutter
1. High-speed milling cutter;
2. Carbide tools;
4. Cutting tools of other materials, such as cubic boron nitride cutting tools, ceramic cutting tools, etc.
1. Overcutting: Reduce the depth and width during cutting
2. Lack of accuracy in machines or fixtures: Repair machines and fixtures
3. The machine or fixture lacks rigidity: Change the machine\fixture or cutting setting
4. Too few blades:Use multi-edge end mills
There are many types of tools used in CNC milling machines and machining centers. They are mainly divided into two categories: milling tools and hole machining tools. The tools used are developing in the direction of standardization, generalization and modularization. In order to meet the requirements of efficient and special milling, they are also developing A variety of special tools for special purposes.
Milling cutter structure
The structure of the milling cutter is divided into three parts: the cutting part, the leading part and the shank. The shank of the milling cutter is a 7:24 tapered shank. This tapered shank is not self-locking, easy to change the tool, and has high positioning accuracy and greater rigidity.
The tool system refers to a series of clamping tools that connect the CNC machine tool and the cutting tool. It consists of a tool holder, a connecting rod, a connecting sleeve and a chuck. The CNC machine tool system can realize fast and automatic clamping of tools. With the increasing application of CNC tool systems, my country has established a standardized, serialized, and modular CNC tool system. The tool system of CNC machine tools is divided into two forms: integral type and modular type.
1) According to the form of connecting rod, the integral tool system TSG is divided into two types: taper shank and straight shank. The code for taper shank connecting rod is JT; the code for straight shank connecting rod is JZ. The system has simple structure, convenient use, flexible clamping and quick replacement. Due to the wide variety and specifications of tools, it brings inconvenience to production, use and management.
2) Modular tool system TMG, modular tool system TMG has the following three structural forms: cylindrical connection series TMG21, the shaft is tightened with screws; short cone positioning series TMG10, the shaft is tightened with screws; long cone positioning series TMG14, lock the tool with screws. The modular tool system meets the processing needs of different parts with the least number of tools. Therefore, the system increases the flexibility of the tool system and is an advanced stage in the development of the tool system.
1) Hole machining tool
①Twist drill is mainly used for drilling holes.
②The center drill is used for hole processing and positioning.
③The step drill is an efficient compound tool for drilling step holes.
④The boring tool is mainly used for reaming and finishing of holes.
⑤The reamer is mainly used for the finishing of holes.
2) Milling tool
①Plane milling cutter: This type of milling cutter mainly has two forms: cylindrical milling cutter and end milling cutter.
②Die milling cutter: The cutting part of the die milling cutter has various shapes such as spherical, convex, concave and T-shaped.
③Groove milling cutter: The most commonly used groove milling cutters are end mills, three-sided face milling cutters, keyway milling cutters and angle milling cutters.
④Combined forming milling cutter: Use multiple milling cutters in combination to process one or more parts at the same time, which can not only increase productivity, but also ensure the processing quality of the parts.
If you are searching for milling cutters, plz feel free to contact us.